Crash and Burn Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crash and Burn Racing

A community consiting of amatuer GTR2 sim racers looking for as many members as possible.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Race Two, Revenge is Sweet.
MarkB reigns in Spain EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 4:31 pm by Mike

» Round 1: Donington Park National 2004 GP 2/9/08
MarkB reigns in Spain EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 2:07 am by Mike

» LOA : 18th - 22nd Aug
MarkB reigns in Spain EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 6:43 pm by Mike

» The future
MarkB reigns in Spain EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 5:58 pm by Mike

» Hello Everyone
MarkB reigns in Spain EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 4:30 pm by Mike

» Future Mondays
MarkB reigns in Spain EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:16 pm by Mike

» Project Torque
MarkB reigns in Spain EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 1:23 pm by Mike

» GTR-Evolution
MarkB reigns in Spain EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 10:18 pm by Mike

» Please Read!
MarkB reigns in Spain EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 5:40 pm by Mike

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum

MarkB reigns in Spain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike
GTR2er
Mike

MarkB reigns in Spain Empty
PostSubject: MarkB reigns in Spain   MarkB reigns in Spain EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 11:17 pm

Consistancy is key for MarkB

The first non championship race at the valencia circuit in spain seemed to go without a hitch as MarkB won the first CaBR event.

Results:

Code:

Pos.  Driver             Class       Time      Laps
1    MarkB              NGT    1:00:21.79          32
2    Alex               NGT        +37.014     32
3    Rotary Junkie      NGT       DNF         15
4    Mike               NGT        DNF         15

The championship
MarkB 10
Alex 7
Rotary Junkie 5
------------------------------------
Mike 4

Post your report of the race from your point of view

Thanks for racing

Mikes race review:

The race started well for me as I started from pole and kept the lead into turn 1. for the first 5 laps I was preoccupied by an Alex within 0.4 of my bumper He span on lap 5 which gave me 4 seconds of breathing space, however this came to a close on lap 7 were it was I who made the mistake. Alex overtook and for the next lap I was giving him the treatment he gave me for the first 4 and a half laps. we had a battle from turns 8-11 where we swapped placed 4 times and I came out on top and pulled a little gap. not much happened till the pit stops. My one stop strategy looked like it could work however speeding in the pit bought out a stop and go. Next lap I came in and the pc froze and wouldn't let me do anything. So I had to quit which left 3 cars running until a lap later Rotary junkie also pulled out. I saw and watched the battle between Alex and Mark with growing interest.

Well done Mark on the win, and well done Alex and Rotary Junkie. Hope for more races.

Last edited by Mike on Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://cabr.forumotion.com
Alex
Admin
Alex

PostSubject: Re: MarkB reigns in Spain   MarkB reigns in Spain EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 11:35 pm

As the lights went out, I got a good start but missed 2nd gear and let mike back in front, to my annoyance. i didn't consider qualifying a serious issue as I knew I could jump him at the start. This didnt happen. I have never missed a gear before in any race. Anyway I followed mike down the straight and saw a cloud of smoke on the grid. Who was it? I then saw Rotary take a trip to the Valencia town centre, this is how I knew it was mark who dropped the clutch.

Following mike for a few laps was good fun as he was rather quick and I was trying not to shred my tyres, which I manged to do. I made a mistake on lap 3 and mike got ahead, and then vice versa, resulting in an intense but short battle as I made another mistake then had problems behind Mark's Z.

I pitted in first as to my annoyance again I'd gotten my tyre and fuel ratios out of sync so pitting early I was. I mis-anticipated the pit lane entrance, thinking it was where the wall started and got an S+G, after my crew came out as I couldn't use the stop button to warn them I was coming in. I decided there was no point warming the tyres so subsequently pitted on the same lap, as did Mike, who got another stop and go. I put in a quick lap and passed him, and then Mike retired due to technical difficulties. Rotary was also having problems of his own and soon dropped out. The race was down to myself and Mark.

Later in the race, after my phantom number 2 sg which I lied and actually went to get a pepsi, I caught mark and pitted in as my fuel was out of sync as mentioned before. I blazed on some medium tyres and a couple of laps of fuel and I was off. I was catching Mark at about 4 or 5 seconds per lap on the mediums but it wasnt enough. Had I been given maybe 12 more minutes, I would have had him I think. Congratulations to Mark for a great strategic win, and kudos to Mike and Rotary who had their share of problems.

I doubt I'll be using the RS again, looks like the RSR is quicker.

Also a thanks to Ferry for the server, all this would not have been possible without him.

Last edited by Alex on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MarkB
GTR2er

PostSubject: Re: MarkB reigns in Spain   MarkB reigns in Spain EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 11:46 pm

With very few practise laps and months since I've been on GTR2 I opt'd for the safer 350z to get back into the swing of things.

Got a lap on the board in Qualifying and then sat back. I had no intention of trying to improve my time with Mike and Alex a good 5 secs in front. I went for a straight down the middle pitstop and aimed for a consistant lap.

The start went akward, last on the grid but as the lights went green I dumped the clutch and span on the line, so instantly was +9 secs behind. Although it wasn't planned it suited me and I could then race without distractions.

I soon came across Junkie who seemed to be having a lot of problems with his 350z, I overtook him but messed up and he took the place back. I caught him up again and due to luck of him spinning on another corner made my way up to third.

After this I saw nothing until Mike and Alex came around to lap me, I let both through but Alex made a mistake and I unlapped myself. After a few corners he was back on my tail so came off lie to let him pass, unfortunately Alex took longer than I expected to lap me and I ended up in the gravel before I could get back on line.

Approaching mid way my fronts where shot and came in, I opt'd to repair some nose damage I picked up while playing in the sand letting Alex through. Back in third I saw Mike cussing that he has a Stop and Go then his PC froze which was followed by Junkie losing a wheel and also losing his valient battle with that 350z.

This left me and Alex in the race. Deciding I would never catch him I just drove a steady pace, unfortunately the second set of boots weren't getting up to temperature which left me a bit off pace. For no known reason to me I then appeared to be in the lead* ....Alex was 9 secs behind me and in about 5 laps caught and passed me again when we both messed up on a corner, I ended up deeper in the gravel then Alex. This was short live however as Alex' stratergy was a two stopper and there was only 3 minutes of the race left. With Alex safely tucked in the pit lane with a tarten blanket on his knee and a copy of Country Life I was a clear 1 mintue in the lead when he decided to reappear.

With the race mine to lose and my tires still colder than an Eskimo's backside after winning the International Naked Muscial Chairs competition, I took my foot off the gas and made for a safe first victory.

Thanks to all for a good race and hopefully as good next time.

Mark

* Edit
After looking on the replay, Alex pitted in and then did some strange dance in his car while coming down the pit lane to re join
Back to top Go down
Mike
GTR2er
Mike

PostSubject: Re: MarkB reigns in Spain   MarkB reigns in Spain EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 12:32 am

MarkB wrote:

* Edit
After looking on the replay, Alex pitted in and then did some strange dance in his car while coming down the pit lane to re join

Nice Review.

He went to get a pepsi apparently Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alex
Admin
Alex

PostSubject: Re: MarkB reigns in Spain   MarkB reigns in Spain EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 12:50 am

Review posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MarkB reigns in Spain   MarkB reigns in Spain Empty

Back to top Go down

MarkB reigns in Spain
Page 1 of 1